Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year...


This year I have made only one promise to myself for 2011. To drink more water and of course more milk!

she-fit.com



Each year on the 1st of the year hundreds of thousands of people make a promise to themselves to change something for the better in the New Year. Most often the promise has to do with loosing weight, eating healthy and exercise.
  This year I am making a simple promise to just keep myself hydrated. Water makes up the majority of our bodies and has no calories and no fat. In fact the more you drink the better you body will feel. I have a very bad habit of going for the cup of coffee on my desk instead of the glass of water. I know my body and mind would be better with one less coffee and three more waters everyday.
 Now milk is another beverage that I will be adding a bit more of to my daily routine. It has plenty of calcium in it to help with your muscles and metabolism aiding in weight loss and prevention of some health problems (like heartburn to osteoporosis.) 

Nutritional Values
Skim Milk
Serving Size: 8 oz
Calories: 86
Fat: <1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Carbohydrate: 12 g
Protein: 8 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Sodium: 103 mg
Vitamin A: 500 IU
Vitamin B12: 1 mcg
Niacin: <1 mg
Pantothenic Acid: 1 mg Riboflavin: <1 mg
Vitamin D: 3 mcg
Calcium: 302 mg
Phosphorus: 247 mg
Potassium: 382 mg






No comments:

Post a Comment