Thursday, January 3, 2013

Avocado Grapefruit Salad with Bacon & Feta Cheese




     With New Year came Winter's cold weather and over the last few days I have been craving the warm rays of the sun. Finally it hit me if I cannot feel the warmth of the sun at least I can enjoy the citrus fruits that joyful grew in her rays. Ever since then I have been on my mad citrus kick!

  I found this amazing and adaptable recipe for the Avocado and Grapefruit Salad on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl. So far I have made it for dinner, lunch and even for breakfast with a poached egg and english muffin on the side. Serve it up in a tortilla bowl and top it off with blackened chicken or seasoned shrimp 




Ingredients: 
2 Avocados halved, pitted and peeled 4 cups Olivia's Spring Mix
3/4 cup Narragansett Creamery Salty Sea Feta Cheese, crumbled
6 slices Apple Wood or Regular Bacon, crumbled
2/3 cup Red Onion, sliced
1/2 Green or Red Bell Pepper, sliced into match sticks

1 large Pink Grapefruit, sectioned and cut into large chunks 
1/4 cup of D.E. Vine Honey Balsamic Dressing
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Pinch of Sea Salt 


   In a large bowl toss all the ingredient together and serve. 







No comments:

Post a Comment