Monday, January 7, 2013

Really Real Mayonnaise

The House by The Sea


  Yesterday afternoon, just after returning home from a weekend visiting with my mother and sister in Maine,  I made my way to the kitchen to start in on dinner and also get some lunch stuff for the week ready.
 There I am at the counter everything for my tuna salad is chopped and diced in the bowl ready to be mixed but, oh no, we have no more mayonnaise! This could have been tragic, especially for me who really really wanted a nice tuna sandwich after the 3 hour drive. Luckily for me after a few quick taps on Google I was able to find an amazing recipe for Real Mayonnaise from the NY Times*  that took less time than it would be to drive to the store and purchase some. Bonus there was a also a video to follow that made it easier and was entertaining at the same time.

 I used a little bit less oil that suggested as I did not want mine to be as runny but, the amount was just perfect and it made my Tuna Salad Sandwich spectacular. Now that I know how easy it is to make and how delicious it is I cannot wait to test it out in all different dishes.

Mix it up and add fresh herbs, spices or sauces to make all different flavors.



 *Keep in mind that this recipe has raw egg in it and will only last for a few days before it spoils and it should not be left out in the summer's sun and heat for too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment