Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School...



 Driving to work this past Tuesday my attention was distracted by a the gleam of a bright yellow school bus that i saw from the corner of my eye. I could hardly believe what I saw with a full week left of August my heart just sank for those little kids gazing out the windows into the cold grey rain.
  Lately I have noticed a trend in making art out of the school lunch. Parents are making sandwiches into farm animals and fruit and veggies become more exciting than any rubbery fruit snack I had ever seen before. The Today Show featured one of my favorites, Giada De Laurentis, making fun and tasty looking mac & cheese cupcakes, wagon wheel pasta & mini meatball sandies.

 The Japanese Bento Box has officially made it mainstream here in America and both kids and parents having been stepping up the creativity of not just the lunch box but, what goes inside the lunch box as well. Below aer just a few of the really cool lunches that I have fund scattered about the web.

The Lunch Lady


Sandwich Fun!

Halloween Scare



No comments:

Post a Comment