Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Coolest Popsicle Molds! from Growing your Baby



 It is August and with it comes all of the summer heat and humidity. Often I turn to the freezer to find something to cool me off however, most of the frozen treats in there are loaded with sugar and not all to healthy for you. While I was coming home from Ogunquit, Maine a quick stop was made at the Stonewall Kitchen Store/ Mecca to stock up on sauces, jams, jellies, salsa and oh so much more! I also found some popsicle molds and have now been going popsicle crazy making all different kinds of frozen treats. Some of them are just with juice others have fruit added, I have even been using some Stonyfield yogurt in them too!
 They have been a great way for me to use up some fruit before it goes to waste or that last bit of yogurt or milk left in the bottle. There are six molds to the tray that I have and I often will make six different pops for myself. Of course it takes me less than six days to go through them all but, they are such a great treat after a long walk in this summer heat!


The Coolest Popsicle Molds! : Growing Your Baby

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linny! Thanks for the popsicle tips, bought a set of the number 3 ones and have been going bananas with them. Saveur Magazine had a bunch of mexican ice pop recipes with tamarind, pineapple, and other great flavors. for example, mango -chile:
    http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Mango-Chile-Ice-Pops-Paletas-de-mango-con-chile

    and rice pudding ice pops:

    http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Rice-Pudding-Ice-Pops-Paletas-de-Arroz-con-Leche

    ReplyDelete